Re: [TowerTalk] 3 element or 4 element beam

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 3 element or 4 element beam
From: Bill Turner <>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:03:37 -0700

On Tue, 15 May 2007 09:50:20 -0700, "Al Williams"
 <> wrote:

>I am aware that a 1 db difference in audio is barely
>noticeable.  However, as I understand, Force12 claims that a 1 db gain on
>the desired signal can cause the automatic gain of the RF to help in
>addition to the 1db audio difference?

The only function of the automatic gain control (AGC) circuit in your
receiver is to maintain the audio output at a more or less constant
level so you don't have to ride the volume control constantly. It has
nothing to do with improving signal to noise ratio or anything of the

I don't know what Force 12 said exactly but there must have been some
misunderstanding there somewhere.

Bill W6WRT