Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting 25G to a peak roof query

To: towertalk@contesting.com, km1h@jeremy.mv.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting 25G to a peak roof query
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:13:42 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/2007 10:59:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Id like to mount some 25G to a roof peak with two very  different angles.
Rather than cobble up something from scratch I wonder if  there is an
available product or specs on building one. The Rohn PR25G  would require
some modifications even if I could find one at a reasonable  price.
I own and am quite experienced with a MIG so fabrication is just a  matter of
time if I really want to get it done. Im basically  lazy!

    You could certainly modify an existing  housebracket but be careful of
any welding with the hot dipped galvanizing in  place. No, there isn't a
modifiable housebracket available or any specs.

It might be easier to fabricate the bracket  specifically for your
application. Just take a drawing to a local welding shop  and they'll put one
together
for you. Get some nuts and bolts and
U-bolts and you're in business.

    Tony, K1KP wrote a very good article on  housebracketing some years ago.
It's worth reading to see what the real  engineered solution is.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH