Re: [TowerTalk] TRYLON TITAN 64 SELFSUPPORT

To: towertalk@contesting.com, ve2ryy@globetrotter.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TRYLON TITAN 64 SELFSUPPORT
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 10:12:23 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/2007 5:11:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>   want to instal the first section of a Trylon Titan 64  ft..
How do we put the first section with the level.
I did try to get  infos on Trylon site, but found nothing about putting the
first section  straight?

    Gene's explanation was very good. The only thing  plumb on the tower
section is the side of the leg. Drop a plumb line down the  middle of the tower
and use it to get things lined up.

    You need to support the bottom section w/concrete  stub legs either from
the top or the bottom. I typically have the backhoe  suspend the bottom
section w/stub legs in the hole and then tie it into the  rebar cage. Then I
have a
comealong on each leg and use them to pull it into  plumb - and then you're
ready to pour.

    I've seen guys sit the bottom section on 2x4's  across the top of the
forms. You could make a tripod out of 2x4's and suspend  it. I've also seen
various methods of putting something in the hole that the  stub legs stand on;
e.g.
building blocks, a first layer of concrete, bricks,  etc. The bottom section
with the stub legs attached is 150# plus so you need  the backhoe to heft it
around.

 Cheers,
Steve       K7LXC
TOWER TECH