Re: [TowerTalk] RE : tubing vs pipe

To: "hermans" <>, <>,<>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RE : tubing vs pipe
From: "Kelly Taylor" <>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:42:48 -0500
I've always understood the difference, but a quick search on Google provided
an excellent tutorial:

A pipe is a vessel, a tube is a structural element.

Pipe is measured ID because, as a vessel, it is the space available for what
it is holding that is important. Pipe will have a constant ID despite wall
thickness. Tubing will have a constant OD despite wall thickness.

Google 'difference between pipe and tube' for more info.

73, kelly