Re: [TowerTalk] Yagiis

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yagiis
From: Tim Duffy K3LR <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:59:01 -0500
The 0.5 dB of gain loss comes about as a by product of maximizing the gain and
F/B bandwidths. When you do that it sacrifices a small amount of peak forward
gain. The same issue occurs in conventional fed Yagi design too.

I use NEC4 and AO 6.0. Both handle tapered elements perfectly. The W6NL taper in
YO works very well.

There is no guess work with the OWA design. Cut the aluminum according to the
model. Install the antenna, and it works perfect.

Check out the paper that WA3FET and I presented at Dayton this year. We
described the 28 element OWA 15 meter array that I built last year. There is
lots of data of there.

http://www.k3lr.com  Click on the 2007 Dayton TAB.

73!
Tim K3LR