[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] Direct burial rotor cable needed

To: "Towertalk Reflector" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Direct burial rotor cable needed
From: Dave NØRQ <>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:39:33 -0500
List-post: <>
For direct burial cable (rotor, coax switching), you could use
sprinkler wire cable, found at any Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
It comes in various # of conductors, and can be a bit
cheaper than something equivalent that is stranded.  It is 
18-gauge usually, I think.  If you need heavier, buy
one with some extra conductors and double-up on
the lines that need a bit more beef.  It is most certainly
meant to be buried!

Sure, since it is solid conductor, you might need to convert
to proper rotor cable if you're rotating the tower, but
it could work good, I think.

Dave N0RQ

----- Original Message ----- 

> Anyone know where I can purchase Direct Burial Rotor Cable?
> Thanks!
> Dick- K9OM 


TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>