Re: [TowerTalk] elevated radials vertical

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] elevated radials vertical
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:06:46 -0400
> base was up 20 ft and I had four sloping radials that
> sloped down at about a 35 degree angle.

On 40m, this antenna would need to be up at 40 feet and on 80m, 80
feet to get the same sort of interaction with the earth that that
antenna had.  That's not even considering the possibility of different
interaction with the earth further out on different frequencies.

I wouldn't doubt that an 80m groundplane with the base at 80 feet and
the top at 146 feet would beat a modest-ground-system ground mounted
80m vertical.  ;-)