Re: [TowerTalk] Long Conduit

To: WarrenWolff@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Long Conduit
From: kd4e <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:38:58 -0400
> No doubt that some folks have gone  to great lengths re: moisture in
> long runs of coax in PVC, et al.

A reasonable slope, sufficient space with all cables pulled to
allow for good airflow, and a way to force air through it as
necessary and you are good to go.

> In preparing for my 100 foot run,  my electrician advised that even
> in this dry climate, do not bother with  weep/drainage holes in the
> PVC; all long runs will have moisture.
>
> Wonder if that is like the Army  Corps of Engineers:  All levees will
> fail, sooner or later!  Warren;  W7WY

Sure, but unlike New Orleans where local politicians diverted funds
from the levees to parks and short-cut the quality of construction,
if you build 'em right they will do the intended job for a very
long time!

Ask the experts in Holland!

Same with buried PVC for cables - ask the folks who have done
it successfully - and have learned from their prior mistakes!

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Personal: http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html