Re: [TowerTalk] U-bolt swivel

To: <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] U-bolt swivel
From: <jacobsen_5@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:31:25 -0500
Kelly, n6kj, is looking for a way to swivel his 2el/40m to vertical so he can
work on it without having to drop........errrr, lower it from the tower.

Kelly, If my ageing memory serves me correctly, the PVRC came up with a mount
to do just this. I think it was even included in the ARRL handbook at one time.
Nothing more than a short "Boom section" attached to the mast, coming out
horizontally about 10" or so. Then you would mount the boom from the antenna
onto the stub by rotating the mounting plate horizontal (same plane as the
elements).  Does this "rattle" anyone else's grey matter? Maybe point Kelly to
a picture/drawing??

GD luck with your project.
73
K9WN  Jake