Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR problem

To: "" <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR problem
From: Kenneth Grimm <>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:25:17 -0400
Bill Ogden wrote:
> Simple suggestion:  Ask the SteppIR people for a control-box connector with
> a few feet of cable on it. (That is, do not try to solder one yourself. It
> is difficult to do accurately without a proper jig.) Take this to the base
> of the tower. Cut the existing cable and connect all the pigtale lines at
> this point.  A little messy with the 16+ wires, but it should be safe and
> accurate. Operating the control box from this point should resolve all the
> questions about the 500' cable.  Of course, this assumes you can get 110v
> power to the tower base.  Consider borrowing a generator, if necessary.
> Bill - W2WO
This is putting a lot on the back of the purchaser.  It seems to me that
if the SteppIR won't work with 500' of SteppIR control cable, SteppIR
should say so.  In other words, this 500' test should be done at
FluidMotion.  They have plenty of cable, antennas and controllers to do
this simple test.

Ken K4XL

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at and
FTP site info: login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr