Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR problem...size wires? ala KH6

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR problem...size wires? ala KH6
From: "Dick Green" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:38:20 -0400
> My question is this...what gauge wire is SteppIR selling for their
> longer runs?

The 16-conductor cable for the MonstIR and 4-el uses #22 gauge stranded
wire. Before you do anything, you should contact SteppIR to verify that they
have tested the antennas and controller with a cable of the length you plan
to use, or greater. Simply using heavier gauge wire will not compensate for
a cable run that exceeds SteppIR's recommended limit (whatever that is!)

I know of one SteppIR fan who is waiting for the company to develop an
RS-485 controller to deal with really long cable runs.

73, Dick WC1M