[TowerTalk] SteppIR problem-update from the front lines

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR problem-update from the front lines
From: Bill Carnett <ah6fc@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:04:49 -0700 (PDT)
Aloha to all,

Just got back from trying the splice at the base of
the tower....works fine.
As I was preparing the splice  I noted how robust the
insulation seems, i.e. doubt there could be any damage
to the cable inside of the conduit.  But also, how
small the twisted pairs were...22 ga, however, I did
learn that there are a number of 4 L and MonstIR yagis
out there with control lines of > 500 feet.  I did
note a posting referencing a "heavier" cable for the
longer runs,  maybe I got the smaller cable??

Anyhow, so far so good.  We'll see how the new 500
foot cable works, though I'm a bit reluctant to put it
back into the conduit....perhaps there are evil humors
down there? Hi Hi.

Will keep the group posted.  Thanks to all for the
robust and very informative dialog...great learning
experience for sure.

73, Bill
AH6FC/7

Need Mail bonding?