[TowerTalk] steppir cable lengths

Subject: [TowerTalk] steppir cable lengths
From: Jim Jarvis <>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:37:26 -0400
You know, nobody has commented on the capacitive impact
on the stepper pulses versus cable length.

Having had significant stepper motor driven automation experience,
I have concerns about it.  Pulse shape can be an issue, and I
can readily see it being a factor of cable length.

THAT said...I don't know what the Mertel's experience has been.
Specific questions about tested lengths, with specific (and hopefully
quantative) answers, would be in order.

I still favor the least the 3 el variety...but my
automation experience says, where stuff moves, you gotta be both
careful, and very damned specific in your questions.

Jim Jarvis, President
The Morse Group, LLC
We create high-performance organizations.
732 548 5573 office
443 618 5560 cell