[TowerTalk] vertical ground experiment

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] vertical ground experiment
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:45:20 -0500
Oh boy... Peter...

Too many thunderstorms, eh??? Coincidence??? I think not... it's obvious you
have made the "water gods" extremely upset with your shenanigans... putting one
end of your antenna into the pool... sheesh... you'd better jerk that wire out
of there before the water gods alert the lightning gods about what you have

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:51:45 +0000

So I ran a ground wire from my 80 meter inverted L (60' up, 7' across) to my
in-ground 30,000 gallon swimming pool and dropped the bare copper into the
water.  The total length of the path created is about 65'.  Anyone ever try
this?  Loads up fine but since I did it there have been too many lurking
T-storms to really try it.

Peter W2CDO