Re: [TowerTalk] vertical ground experiment

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] vertical ground experiment
From: Bill Turner <>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:52:53 -0700

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:52:36 -0700, David Gilbert
<> wrote:

>That isn't necessarily true, as the discussion on this reflector just a
>couple of weeks ago illustrated.  There are other real life factors
>beside ground resistance that can affect the real part of the feedpoint
>impedance of a vertical over a good ground plane, even at resonance.

I can see how perhaps the presence of wire radials in addition to
earth (or swimming pool) ground might affect feedpoint impedance
leading to a wrong conclusion, but if the 1/4 wave vertical were
suspended directly over the earth ground with no radials and only a
ground connection, would not the feedpoint impedance be valid?

Bill W6WRT