[TowerTalk] Hawaii TT Ham Scene

Subject: [TowerTalk] Hawaii TT Ham Scene
From: "Pat Barthelow" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:47:44 -0700

I may be going to Hawaii on the North Shore; Oahu, Pupukea-Paumalu, working
2 monthsl, (At least)  at Marisat Dish farm.  Have a place 100 yds from
North Shore Pacific ocean at Sharks Cove.

Anyone on TT from Oahu, to fill me in on KH6 contesting/DXing?
(Off line)       20M CW  would keep me happy. Would a temp 1/4 wave vertical
in the water in Sharks cove work well?
I am thinking simple... Just a stick wedged or mounted in rocks, or sand,
supporting a vertical with a ground strap into the salt water,  in the
shallow sea, just above the water line.
Sincerely, Pat Barthelow
Jamesburg Earth Station  Moon Bounce Team