Re: [TowerTalk] Source for FIberglass rod...

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Source for FIberglass rod...
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 08:34:59 -0400
Are you using Garolite?  How does the strength compare to fiberglass?

John KK9A

To: towertalk@contesting.com
From: frank donovan
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 23:03:20 -0400 (EDT)

Gary,

I use molded phenolic rod.  This material is superior to the more
common rod that is machined from flat sheet, at only a modest increase
in price.

It comes in 1/8 inch diameter increments in diameters from 1/4 to 1 3/4
inch, and in 1/4 inch increments from diameters of 2 inches to 4 inches.

I purchase my phenolics from AIN Plastics in Lancaster PA  800-345-5440.
They
have offices all over the country.

73!
Frank