[TowerTalk] Link Antenna Tuners

Subject: [TowerTalk] Link Antenna Tuners
From: Chuck Pool <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:10:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everyone:
  I read in an old handbook that the tank capacitor in this particular link
antenna tuner was 200pf per section.  I ran the math and it turns out the
theoretical capacitance needed for 160 meter is about 177pf plus some
additional capacitance for insurance.  One pf  per meter seems to be a good
reference.  The above tuner was using the split stator in parallel resulting in
400 pf capacitance.
  Is there a reason why so much capacitance is needed, 400pf vs. 177pf, I am
assuming for 160 meters?
  Chuck - AA5WG

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.