[TowerTalk] 160 Meter Capacitor

Subject: [TowerTalk] 160 Meter Capacitor
From: Chuck Pool <>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:40:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hello to all
  How much inductance should I look for in a 160 meter split-stator capacitor?
This capacitor is for the tank or antenna side of link antenna tuner.  I
believe the math says a total of about 180pf should work.  I am thinking if I
added more capacitance for insurance this would be better.
  Question.  In the handbook they show a split-stator capacitor for a link
antenna tuner that has 200pf per section/side.  They place each side of this
capacitor in parallel for 160 meters.
  Is this to much overkill in capacitance, 400pf?
  What amount of capacitance should I really be looking at for above
split-stator capacitor for comfortable 160 meter operation?  I will place each
side of this split-stator capacitor in parallel for 160 meters.
  Chuck Pool