Re: [TowerTalk] Tower ACCIDENT

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower ACCIDENT
From: Bill Turner <>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:54:56 -0700

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:39:44 -0400, Bill Winkis <>

>but now how in the world do you test and determine
>all is OK before you climb.?? Or what steps do you use to protect
>your self ...

How about rapping the tower sharply with an iron pipe or something
similar? I would think if the internal rust was so severe as to be
unsafe, you would hear a mushy sound instead of a clean, solid
"thunk", or you might even break right through the leg.

Just guessing, haven't tried it. I would like someone to try it on the
collapsed section.

Bill W6WRT