[TowerTalk] Bulkhead Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bulkhead Connectors
From: Gary Mayfield <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:49:55 -0500
Greetings,       I thought I would ask the list about their experience
withbulkhead coax feed-throughs.  I’m running coax into my shack and thewalls
are made of 2” x 6” construction.  I have seen both UHF andType ‘N’ bulkhead
connectors that are 10 inches long.  This shouldbe long enough to get me all
the way from inside to outside with alittle extra space for a grounding plate.
 Has anyone ever looked athow these bulkheads perform?  I am hoping to run up
to 1296 MHz throughone of the type ‘N’ variety. Thanks and 73,Joe