Re: [TowerTalk] Polarized Electrolytic in Rotator Box?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Polarized Electrolytic in Rotator Box?
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:01:33 -0700
On 29 Jun 2007 at 17:50, Clint Talmadge wrote:

> I am glad this thread started. I have  a Motor Start Capacitor ready to be
> installed at the base of my tower which is marked 130-156 MFD 330VAC . How
> can I tell if it is polarized or not? There are no + or - marks on the
> terminals and I assumed (I know, I know) that it would work.

If the capacitor is rated for AC, (330VAC) then it shouldn't have a
polarity marked, should it?  Maybe we get confused because AC rated
capacitors CAN be used on DC (with a voltage rating about 3x the AC
rated voltage.)  But if it's AC rated, then using it on AC is what's
expected!  Am I missing something?

George T. Daughters, K6GT