Re: [TowerTalk] Polarized Electrolytic in Rotator Box?

To: Steve Katz <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Polarized Electrolytic in Rotator Box?
From: kd4e <>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 23:13:03 -0400
This is *supposed* to be a starting cap but I see a
"-" next to one terminal - that made me nervous.

Perhaps I am wrongly assuming that the "-" mark
next to one terminal (nothing next to the other)
indicates that it is polarized?

It is a BMI # 092A108B250BD4A

I found this site:

> You got a capacitor from ACE Hardware?  What a country!
> It should be non-polarized, though, if it's really an AC capacitor...
> -WB2WIK/6
> May I use a 108-130UF 250VAC polarized electrolytic
> starting capacitor from ACE hardware to replace the
> bad one in my CDE/HamII rotator control box?

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Ham QTH: