Re: [TowerTalk] SPG and PL-259's

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SPG and PL-259's
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 04:19:37 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:43:00 EDT, WarrenWolff@aol.com wrote:

>You folks may comment in jest, but you should be  much
>kinder to folks who come on here and ask a question  which
>seems so simple.  If the fellow doesn't ask, where he  will he
>find out anything?

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

We, or at least I, have no desire to discourage newcomers from asking
questions. We (I) only request politely that the questions be in a
form which does not require additional posts before we (I) can even
understand what the question is about.

Use of obscure acronyms is a major contributor to mis-communication.
The first time an obscure acronym is used, it should be explained.

If in doubt, spell it out.

Also, growing a slightly thicker skin would be of great advantage on
the Internet, believe me. :-)

Bill W6WRT