Re: [TowerTalk] Prelube 6 vs. Prelube 19

To: towertalk@contesting.com, 4cx250b@muohio.edu
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Prelube 6 vs. Prelube 19
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 19:50:21 EDT

In a message dated 7/2/2007 1:14:26 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I'd been planning on lubricating the 3/8" pull up/down cable  on my crankup
tower with Prelube 6, but I've heard that Prelube 19 is a  better and more
modern substitute. Unlike Prelube 6, Prelube 19 leaves a  brownish semi hard
coating on the surface of the cable, but supposedly  remains flexible in the
cable's strands. I'd be interested to know if  anybody has used the stuff and
how it seems to work.

    I haven't used it yet but the company says that  it's for hostile
environments - it kind of encapsulates the cable. Let us know  what you think.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH