[TowerTalk] Cable for PST71D

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cable for PST71D
From: "Ryan Jairam" <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 17:02:35 -0400
Hey guys, I'm a longtime lurker, new member of the list.

I'm finally putting up my first real tower installation and I am
putting a Pro.Sis.Tel PST71D to turn a MonstIR on top of a 70ft AN
Wireless tower.

The total cable run is going to be 200' give or take a few feet.

What kind of rotor cable can I use?  I know the PST71D is not your
average rotator, i.e. it generates more torque so it has a beefier
motor and hence needs heavier wire.

I need five wires, two for the motor and three for the readout.

I was looking at #306 from the wireman.  It's two 12ga, and two 18ga
plus a shield.  I was thinking this would suit my needs perfectly.

Does anyone know of any other wire I could use for a 200' run?

I'm not too concerned about cost, I want something quality, even if it
means spending a few extra bucks.  But I don't want to pay more than I
have to.  I believe in overkill, but not in wasting money.

Thanks
Ryan N2RJ