Re: [TowerTalk] B&W Center Insulator for dipoles

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] B&W Center Insulator for dipoles
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 13:40:28 -0400 (EDT)
Al,

That old B&W insulator has a serious problem with water entry through
the holes where the ceramic insulators pass through the body.  Water
inevitably gets inside via that path, then it gets inside your coax
and ruins it.  I'm not aware of a viable solution to that problem.

I'm not sure what the favored center insulator is these days, but the
Budwig is very good.  You'll have to provide good waterproofing of the
coaxial cable connector and strain relief too.

73!
Frank
W3LPL