[TowerTalk] How do you move a gin pole *safely* up the tower?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] How do you move a gin pole *safely* up the tower?
From: R Atkins <rusty_atkins@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:18:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hey all! Things all going rather well, we are up to 35 feet so far. other than
a few mis-starts, all is good except for one thing... How do you get the gin
pole *safely* up to the next level? It seems like ideally they would have two
clamps (I don't know if that's right or not)... but this one doesn't.

When I get it up to where I need to mount it, it becomes *very* unwieldy. The
leverage 8-10 feet up makes it nearly impossible to keep vertical with one hand
while I try to clamp it to the tower leg with my other hand.

If you can help.. please reply directly as we are stacking sections/building
the tower as I write this.

Thanks!
Rusty
K0FE