Re: [TowerTalk] help with interference problems

To: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>,"'Stone, Gary R.'" <Gary.Stone@va.gov>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] help with interference problems
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:28:08 -0400
My Internet link is a 5.6GHz radio at the 100' level on the tower with an 11
mile shot to the ISP. I come down the tower with shielded CAT5 to the router
in a trailer at the base of the tower; this is run with about 8 turns thru a
FT240-43 toroid . Then a 250' run of regular CAT5 to the house and a 8 port
switch; another toroid is there.

Alls quiet from 160 to microwave.

The big benefit is the speed, way above anything that cable or DSL offers
around here.

Carl
KM1H