[TowerTalk] Tower ground ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower ground ?
From: "Ed Laughery" <laughery@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:31:31 -0500
Hi All

I have a tower trailer - motorized three twenty foot telescoping sections.
I have a Force 12 C3SS on top that is working well.  Currently there is no
earth ground connect to the tower - just a lot of metal (trailer and a small
(7' x 7' x Trailer width' metal skinned shop/storage room built onto the
tower trailer).  In your learned opinion, would I benefit from installing a
minimum of three 8 - 10 foot grounding rods - bonded with a #4 solid copper
wire or grounding strap loop and the loop connected to each leg of the
tower,

Your comments will be very much appreciated.

73 de Ed AD5JV