Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld Question

To: markrob@mindspring.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld Question
From: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:27:50 -0700
Mark Said:
What is the base material that they use to join the rod and copper wire?
>Maybe I could just braze them together using a brass filler rod.. Any
>thoughts on this?
73's de Mark N1UK G3ZZM

Hi mark and group:

Here are some videos of doing a cadweld.   Looks to me like you should
follow Steve's rule,
Do what the manufacturer says, and be safe.  Anything else and you may be
pushing your luck.
if you have the right materials, the graphite molds and such, it looks
relatively straigntforward and safe...

The last video here shows a more complete ground system installaiton
tecnique by a company, SAE
They introduce a new material I had never heard of  conducrete....
apparently conductive concrete, designed for the purpose...perhaps
interesting stuff...

Cadwelding videos

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-315514258775635046&q=Cadweld&total=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8198499108491396647&q=Cad+weld&total=12&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6

SAE Inc,  Video on Grounding, CAD WELDS
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1834831159849373285&q=Cad+weld&total=76&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

Sincerely, Pat Barthelow     aa6eg@hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org
Jamesburg Earth Station  Moon Bounce Team
http://www.cq-vhf.com