Re: [TowerTalk] How tall is that tower?

To: forrestw@gbis.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How tall is that tower?
From: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 07:05:04 -0700
Hi Forrest,

Any cross street?  Or Lat Long Coordinates?
We could get it up on a google maps image...
Once you have lat long, perhaps you could find details in the FCC tower data
base.
BTW, I just discovered in Google maps, that if you want a photo/map of an
area you only know by Lat Lon, then just type in the Lat and Lon, separated
by a comma, in the Google maps box, and it will take you there.
Sincerely, Pat Barthelow     aa6eg@hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org
Jamesburg Earth Station  Moon Bounce Team
http://www.cq-vhf.com

>From: "Forrest Wolf" <forrestw@gbis.com>
>To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
>Subject: [TowerTalk] How tall is that tower?
>Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 06:48:16 -0700
>Bout 30 or 40 miles NE of Las Vegas on I-15, off to the south of the hwy
>there is a giant tower.  It's mounted up off the valley floor on a ridge.
>It's far enough away that you can barely make out the guys.

Looks to have 3, maybe 4 warning lights along the length.  There are no dish
antennas or other types on it.  Anyone know what's is for and how tall?
It's a monster.
73s,
K7OCR