Re: [TowerTalk] Skyhawk design

To: "Joe Reisert, W1JR" <W1JR@arrl.net>,"Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Skyhawk design
From: "Mark Kempisty" <mkempisty@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 08:45:31 -0400
I haven't seen a Skyhawk up close and personal but from pictures and
drawings it seems very similar to Force 12 concepts.  I have a Force 12 C3SS
and its three driven elements are all fed in parallel (balun goes to middle
20m element and jumpers go the 10m & 15m drivers fore and aft of the 20m.
Overall I am very very very (did I mention very) pleased with the C3SS.

I used a hand riveter I already had.  An annoyance but got the job done.
Took about 2 or 3 hours (wasn't counting).

Used a W2DU balun.  The C3SS instructions mention the importance of a balun
or coax coil choke but leave the option of what to use to you.

In hindsight, feeding the elements with straps might be a better idea than
wire jumpers unless the width of them would lead to shorts.  Each driven
element's feed screws are only about 1.5 inches from each other on the C3SS.

73,
Mark N3GNW

<SNIP>