[TowerTalk] Hazers

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hazers
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 19:07:36 -0500
The latching lock won't lock on the diagonal braces.They do get stuck once
in a while.Climbing the tower at that time would be very stupid.I tie a big
rope onto it when I pulled mine down,that way if it got stuck I just yank on
the rope.I have the wheel kit on it.They are handy for some antennas but
mine is now sold sfter I get it down.I had 2 at one time here.Had some large
antennas on them as well.One had a 4 stack of 2M-5 WL's at 60 feet,how else
could you get that up there?The other one had a 6M-2.5WL on it which is an
11 element 6 meter beam on a 52 foot boom.They both held them up just fine.I
had the heavy duty ones.I don't use them anymore because I don't have such
big aantennas and I still had to climbto disconnect guy wire and heliax so
for me it was just an easy way to et the antennas to the top by myself.
Gregg  K9KL