[TowerTalk] 45g base and guy anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 45g base and guy anchors
From: "N3PKC" <n3pkc@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:48:21 -0400
I'm getting around to my Rohn 45g project, my first time working with the
stuff.  I decided on a 140' tower.  This is shown with 3/16" EHS guys at 45' &
85', and 1/4" EHS at 125', all positioned 120 degrees apart and 112 feet away
from the base.

I have the 45TG base which sits on a single pier pin.  My guy anchors will
probably be the ones Texas Towers sells for use in concrete, along with the
matching equalizer plate to attach all three guy sets to each single anchor.
I'll also probably be purchasing three GA45GD guy bracket assemblies for
mounting guys to the tower.

I'm having difficulty interpreting the dimensions I need for the concrete base
and the guy anchors which I'm also pouring from concrete.  Any other specific
information surrounding the concrete specs would be helpful.

My other question is regarding the 45TG base...It has the hole in the bottom
center for the pier pin, and also four smaller holes around it.  I know the
whole idea is for the tower to sit freely on the pin, so shall I ignore the
other four holes?  Perhaps someone can direct me to further documentation for
the 45TG which I don't have any manual for..

Help is appreciated as I'd like to get this concrete pouring asap.

Joe
N3PKC