Re: [TowerTalk] [RFI] Subwoofer resolution

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [RFI] Subwoofer resolution
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:13:41 -0400
"It turns out that the dominant cause of the susceptibility was a pin 1
problem!"

It's not only microphones.  Our lab's data acquisition cards and
breakout boxes have a pin 1 problem as well.

Very popular manufacturer of such things so I'm sure we're not the
only ones... but we are using a couple of hefty motors driven variable
frequency drives in the vicinity of the sensors and acquisition
system.

We had a heck of a time cutting down the noise until we figured this out.

It's a major problem, all this stuff in metal boxes that do absolutely nothing!

Dan