Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 wiring long run

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 wiring long run
From: "James M. Daly" <AD1L@AD1L.COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:39:27 -0400
Bit of an update here, I hope it will be of use to the discussion. I have an
account with a local electrical supply house and I gave them a ring this
morning. My cost for 12AWG Stranded THHN-THWN is $48 per 500ft reel; three
reels of that stock, or one reel for the power and two reels of 14AWG for
the signaling would allow me to tape my own bundle of six conductors for the
underground run through conduit to the tower. Seems a very cost effective
alternative to NM UF-B, easier to work with being stranded, and very
slightly less resistance.

Anyone see a potential problem with the scheme?

Peace
James - AD1L