Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Question

To: km1h@jeremy.mv.com, towertalk@contesting.com, john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:17:23 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/2007 11:19:33 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
km1h@jeremy.mv.com writes:

>  I take it then that you have never experienced the  installation of a
large
stacked array without a crane.

    Umm, since I'm a professional tower installer and  work almost
exclusively on ham radio projects, I've installed a bunch of large  stacked
arrays
without a crane. What does that have to do with having an  intermediate thrust
bearing?

>  Old wives tales? Hmmm, most of  those that I know have at least a Masters
degrees in an engineering  discipline.

    You still haven't answered my questions with any  thoughtful or
insightful responses. I'm always interested in learning new  information and
techniques
when it comes to tower projects. In this case I'm  still waiting.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams