Re: [TowerTalk] Polywater Lubricants

To: "'Jeffrey Okamitsu'" <jokamitsu@yahoo.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Polywater Lubricants
From: "Daron J. Wilson" <daron@wilson.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:31:24 -0700
Unless you are seriously going to be pulling this in with a tugger or
something, several of the products will work fine.   We use both J and F on
long fiber and copper pulls.  Choice sometimes depends on the application,
one pours better than the other if you have to pour it into a duct which is
often easier when pulling multiple cables.  A less viscous type is fine if
you can sit in that spot and coat the cables before the enter the conduit,
but often that makes a huge mess and we generally just pour a fair amount
down the duct as we start.

It's amazing stuff, stay away from the old wax based yellow stuff, there are
several other acceptable brands that are water based and dry to a nice
slippery coat on the wire.  The old yellow 77 tends to dry like someone
melted a candle in the conduit.

Your mileage may vary, but basically this stuff is slipperier than whale
poop in an ice flow.  How long is the run, and what is the percentage of
conduit fill?