[TowerTalk] Advice needed maintaining tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Advice needed maintaining tower
From: Gerold Sklott <gsklott@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:59:56 -0700 (PDT)
I have a Tubular Tower ( Wilson, Tristao, US tower
type). Over the the years I've maintained it by
scraping and applying cold spray galvanizing compound.
Now, I notice it seems to build up and flake off in
layers.

I ahve some good advice from Carl but am having
trouble finding what he uses locally.

What's the best method for keeping a tower rust free.
Should I use rust reformer. scrape and use cold spray
galvanize or should I scrape and prime , then paint?
Other ideas?  Brands to use?

Tks de,

Gerry K1NY