Re: [TowerTalk] Further on Pull Rope and MA550

To: "Richard Zalewski" <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Further on Pull Rope and MA550
From: Dino Darling <dino@k6rix.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:03:42 -0700
This is a foolish idea and the tower is not rated to do this.  You
will probably bend the top two tower sections and destroy the
base.  Make sure you have someone taking video if you decide to go
forward...I want to see the  carnage  and upload it to YouTube; key
words, DARWIN AWARD!

How much does the tower and antenna system cost?  How much to rent a
boom truck?  You decide!

The amateur game is not cheap.  If you can't afford it, don't do it.

I know, I'm being a little hard on the Beaver, but do you have any
idea how much of a bad idea this is?!

At 09:24 AM 8/30/2007, Richard Zalewski wrote:

>Thanks for all who replied.  I think I have a problem that will
>require me to tilt over the tower with it extended and the SteppIR on
>top.  I have the MRB base mount.  Do you think I need to take any
>extra precautions to tilt the tower over with it extended and antenna
>still attached?  Of course normally the tower is retracted.  There
>will be more of a moment out there this way but I don't see any way
>around short of getting a boom truck first.  I tried to shake the top
>and it still would not collapse.  It will go up and it goes down to
>the same point every time.
>
>--
>Tnx es 73
>Dick W7ZR