Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Crank Up towers

To: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>,"T talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Crank Up towers
From: wa3afs@inav.net
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 20:05:19 -0400
When I had a crank-up/tilt over tower (Wilson 45 foot), I would tilt the tower
(lowered!) over a 10 foot
sawhorse (rather unwieldy to set up  but with two people quite easy!) and then
used a 12 foot 'A' ladder to
work on the antenna (Wilson SY-36 which I think had about a 24 foot or so
boom).  I felt very comfortable
working on the 'A' ladder with the weight of the tower supported by the
sawhorse.

--Bruce, WA3AFS