Re: [TowerTalk] Name this antenna

To: <w3wkr@verizon.net>, <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Name this antenna
From: <jacobsen_5@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 21:35:25 -0500
Steve and Byron:  So, the mystery gets bigger!  In the late 1980's I lived in
Albuquerque. AND.... at the FAA route control center, yep, you guessed it.
Almost over night a MONSTER LPDA appeared. Up about 90' or 100'; lattice tower
boom, lotsa elements. My guess 3 to 30 mhz. BUT it was always pointed west. I
know from someone who worked at the center that the 1 5/8" ++ hard line was
buried in a trench and covered over with concrete. Hardening of the EMP kind
supposedly. I could see that sucker from where I worked and always thought it
was a waste. I could have put it to better use!!! HI! HI!

73 es GDDX
K9WN  Jake

"Steve
Is there an FAA control center there?

When I lived in Colorado the Denver Center was located in Longmont, Co.  In
about 1988 or 1989 they built a monster LP that looks like it might be the
same size as the one in your picture.

It was always pointed east, and suspected it was pointed at Washington, D.C.

Byron, W3WKR."