[TowerTalk] Far Circuits K9AY Controller help

To: Tower Talk List <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Far Circuits K9AY Controller help
From: "R. David Eagle" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:57:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all...I finally got my K9AY receiving array up in the air!  Earlier this
spring, I ordered the boards for the switching/bandpass/preamp unit from Far
Circuits.  I mounted both the switching board and the bandpass/preamp board out
at the antenna.  I noticed something rather strange when I was running some
tests this last weekend and noticed that the preamp is basically useless.  I am
able to switch the preamp in and out from my controller.....The problem - when
I switch the preamp on, I start to hear this crackling noise after about 3
secs.  I don't notice any change in signal level.  Has anyone else had this

Pictures of my controller are at the link below.