[TowerTalk] rohn 45 foundation interpretation

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rohn 45 foundation interpretation
From: "Steve Sala" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 09:49:10 -0700
I am putting in 90 feet of Rohn 45.  My hole will be per the Rohn dimensions on
drawing C610621.  I am confused on the rebar situation that they show.  Of
course, they are covering 15 different sized foundations with this same

1. Do I really use rebar for my CB2 hole?  If so, what are the lateral ties
shown?  Are they rebar or wire?  I presume they hold the four vertical rebar
pieces rigid?  If that is there only purpose, could I not just push the four
vertical pieces into the wet concrete afterwards, making sure I got at least 3
inches below the concrete surface and did not come out the bottom?

 2. Since the drawing also covers the foundation for Rohn 25, I never heard of
anyone putting rebar into a 25 hole around this area.  Could someone please
clarify this for me.

3. Below the 4 foot level bottom of the hole, how much more do I have to dig to
put gravel for drainage?  I have a pile of 5/8" minus I use for filling in the
driveway holes that I would use.

Nine Mile Falls, WA