[TowerTalk] 90 ft. rohn 25 stupidity!!!

Subject: [TowerTalk] 90 ft. rohn 25 stupidity!!!
From: Scott Robbins <>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 13:14:23 -0700 (PDT)
>When I was brokering tower and stuff in FL I had a guy come up and tell me
>emphatically it was possible to freestand Rohn 25 with an antenna on top.   He

>had seen it done.  I hope he never tried it himself.
>Bill K4XS/KH7XS

I am aware of someone in eastern Tennessee (a newer ham) who has been
unsuccessfully searching for tower help here locally.  He's got 50 ft. of Rohn
25 freestanding with a 20 ft. mast at the top with an MFJ vertical on top of
that which now needs repair.  Hasn't been able to find a tower climber... and
the "professional" company that installed it is now out of business.  Hopefully
not because the guy who ran it managed to get himself killed in a stupid tower

Scott W4PA

W4PA Contest Blog -
What Is Radio Contesting? -

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.