Re: [TowerTalk] putting a reflector below a 75 meter inverted

To: "Dennis OConnor" <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] putting a reflector below a 75 meter inverted
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:55:40 -0400
Unless someone has access to NEC-4 or some even more restricted military
software the best you can do is guess when over anything but perfect ground.

Here is where actual work in the great outdoors has an advantage over doing
everything on a computer.

Building a working model for 6 or 2M has advantage of size as well as the
ease of a mobile station driving 360* a short distance away and recording
signal strength with the reflector in place with adjustable spacing as well
as removed. A paved driveway should simulate a poor ground rather well. A
chicken wire or similar mesh can simulate a very good ground.

Carl
KM1H