Re: [TowerTalk] Further on Pull Rope and MA550

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Further on Pull Rope and MA550
From: "Richard Zalewski" <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:54:52 -0700
Update on "Stuck Tower"

I just got home from trip to Oregon and after 14 days I thought I
would try to lower the tower once more.  This time when it was cooler
(95 degrees) instead of 115 degrees.  It came down without a hitch.

I will now tilt it over and remove the SteppIR.  Then figure out how
to get sections apart and inspect pulleys and cables.  If any of you
have restrung a MA550 or Wilson MT61 and have some hints I would
appreciate them.

On 9/1/07, montytaylor <montytaylor@texoma.net> wrote:
> Richard,
>
> As I said, "Been there, done that". Mine was fully extended with a Force12
> C4 on it it.  Just make sure the fold-over cable is new and the winch brake
> works.  I have a manual.  If you want a copy, let me know and I will email
> an attachment to you.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Monty/WB5GLB since 1969

Tnx es 73