Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Advice

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Advice
From: Bill Turner <>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:25:08 -0700

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:24:01 -0400, "Roger (K8RI)"
<> wrote:

>but the Single Point Ground (SPG)  is
>a concept that uses one single point as a reference for all of your

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

Then let's call it a "Single Point Equipment Ground" or "Single Point
Entrance Ground" or something like that.

I agree with everything you are doing except the nomenclature. Ok, I
admit to being nitpicky about names of things, but I firmly believe
names like SPG should mean what they say and not require a further
explanation to clear up the misnomer. Can you tell I used to be a tech
writer? :-)

I think we are all on the same page about the physical layout of our
grounding systems. Let's just give it a correct name.

Bill W6WRT