[TowerTalk] Cold Galvanizing and Grounding

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cold Galvanizing and Grounding
From: "Doug Rehman" <>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:14:10 -0400
I don't recall this having been discussed before, so here goes. How does
cold galvanizing affect continuity between two pieces of metal? For example,
if you have a tower made from angle steel (like an AB-105) and paint the
sections with cold galvanizing paint, will the cold galvanizing insulate the
steel sections or provide a conductive path?

In casual experiments I have tried, it seems that the cold galvanizing
insulated the metal unless the two pieces of steel were mated under
pressure. I tried to eliminate the possibility of fasteners cutting thru the
cold galvanizing, but I can't say for sure that wasn't the conductive path I
was seeing.